Monday, December 17, 2007

A Painting A Day - Green Plate with Tomatoes







Here is my second attempt at "a painting a day" - and it did get done in one day! The red of the tomatoes and green of the plate must have been a subconscious combination as I am thinking about Christmas!
My daughter and her family who live oversees are coming on Thursday to spend the holidays with us. My son and family who live an hour away are also coming, so we will be one large family of 11 for Christmas. After Christmas, my son and family go home, and we have friends (my son-in-law's family) coming to spend New Year's. We will then be 13 living in my home! It will be lots of laughter and joy.
I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas.
If you would like to purchase this painting, or commission something similar, please contact me.

4 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

This looks great. The red tomatoes with the green plate, wow! Barb

Anonymous said...

I love your "cheery tomatoes!" Great composition with the whole focal point off center; it lends a casual look to the piece.

Michelle Wiebe said...

I love the warmth of this piece, you really have a knack for lighting. Having it curve over the edges of the tomatoes like that is very sophisticated.

Keep it up! I want to see more of these painting a day from you!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Have a wonderful holiday season...see you after Christmas.