Thursday, December 6, 2007

Pears again



This is another picture of "Pears" which an artist friend did for me. He took my original posting and ran it through Photoshop to achieve the "burnished glow" which I spoke about in my first posting of this painting. The background, foreground and bowl are very close to the painting, as well as the pears. The only real difference lies in the highlights on the pears, which in the painting are a Naples yellow hue rather than a white. I just love the upper right hand corner and the middle ground on the left side in this Photoshopped rendition. There is such a warmth there... Thank you, A. for taking the time to help me out!

1 comment:

Michelle Wiebe said...

A. did a fantastic job - what a difference in depth that achieved!

So interesting to go between the two images. :)

Love them both!