Saturday, December 1, 2007

Poppies 2





For those who have requested a closer look at these poppies, here they are!
I find painting flowers to be a challenge, so I am not sure why I've attempted so many paintings of flowers. In reflecting on that question, I believe it must be that they are so incredibly delicate and beautiful, yet are hardy enough to withstand the elements of storm, heat, lack of water, insects, and so on. Perhaps that is how I want to be - beautifully reflecting my values in life, and able to withstand and persevere through the difficulties which come my way. Flowers don't always last a long time, but when they are in full bloom, they give all their energy into being the best they can be. I would like that to be true for me as well - that I give my energy into being the person I was created to be!

If you would like to purchase this painting, or commission something similar, please contact me.

3 comments:

Alvin Richard said...

Beautiful work. The dark background really makes those warm colors "POP".

Michelle Wiebe said...

I love your floral work.

At first glance, there seems to be a high level of realism. Then when take a moment, you see that it is a highly accurate framework that you have used to place your very painterly touches on.

So striking. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You have such a gentleness about your paintings. It reflects your nature.