Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Horses



For Christmas I got a new computer - a MAC- with a beautiful high resolution monitor! I will be working on learning the new features for a while, but I must say that the paintings on all the art blogs I visit are at least twice as amazing as before!

In addition, I have received a commission which will be my work for at least the next few weeks. It is to be a watercolor of tulips and wicker furniture, approximately 36" x 48", so it is a larger format than I have ever attempted in watercolor. I am excited to begin this piece as it is based on one of my photos of tulips, and the colors should make it a striking painting!

This posting is of a 9" x 12" acrylic painting I did last Christmas for my granddaughter, Sydney, who is in love with horses. She was thrilled to add it to her collection of horse posters which cover her walls like wallpaper.

If you would like to commission a painting of horses or other animals, please contact me.

1 comment:

Michelle Wiebe said...

Aw! What a great present - much deserved. Its amazing how something like that can streamline this whole "painting and posting online" process.

I wish you all the best in 2008 - I think there are many exciting and wonderful things in store for you and your work this year!