Sunday, November 2, 2008

Awe-some Chinook Sunset










I got my camera back - no major problems (*big sigh of relief*) and they were able to download my pictures of the most amazing sunset I have ever witnessed. (* bigger sigh of relief*)

I stood outside in my front yard and literally shot for about 15 minutes  as the sky constantly changed color and the clouds thickened and moved all around me. To give you some idea of the immensity of this display of color,  the evergreen tree is at least 35 feet tall, and is on a hill. You can see our neighbor's house in one picture, and the tree is a bit further down the hill while their house sits at the top of the hill. 

I cannot describe to you the incredible sense of the magnificent glory of my Creator that this evening gave me. My senses were so filled with the brilliance of color and the immensity of the sky that I quite simply could not continue to take pictures even though the sunset had not  completed its show. I was literally overwhelmed deep in my very being. I have never had that sensation before...

I absolutely am painting - but I just HAD to share these pictures with you. I have not altered or touched the photos in any way other than to put my signature on them. I hope the colors show on your monitor even half the intensity of the photos.
 

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

AMAZING! When we witness something this beautiful, its hard to comprehend and imagine what we will see in Heaven. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Hey Cynthia!
I leave this morning to go to another beautiful area for a work related conference. Going to Banff for 4 days. Hope to get out and get some great shots to paint this winter. How are you and Liam doing these days? I love your new photo! Are you enjoying that new camera??? ttyl

Jean Victory said...

Joanne,
How do you get photos like this...unbelievable.

Unknown said...

Hi Jean,

I am sure every person with a camera was out that evening, taking pictures like I was. You absolutely could not get a bad picture - the sky was so filled with light and color! I don't think there are many places in the world that experience the skies that we do. The Chinooks have a down side to them though. Many people suffer from migraine headaches when a Chinook blows in - both my husband and son get terrible migraines, so it is not exciting news for them when the weatherman predicts a Chinook.

Anonymous said...

If it wasn't a photo you would think it was a really poor painting of someone trying to imagine an incredible sunset. It's just that unfathomable and surreal. So cool. I think when we paint, we are in some way trying to mirror the Great Artist's work, but who could ever get close to THAT?? Fabulous.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

WOW! These are amazing, amazing!

Although it's my first-time visit to your site, it won't be my last.

Thanks for capturing some of God's artwork on film and sharing it with us.