Friday, October 16, 2009

Odds and Ends, Bits and Bites


My sister blessed me on my birthday with a gift of money to put toward my art! It is really handy that one of the art stores I frequent has a sale on canvas twice a year - one of which is in October - just a few weeks after my birthday. This is about 1/2 the order I put in - some of the sizes I wanted were not "regular" so I have to wait till the end of the month or maybe even the middle of November before they come in. I don't mind, as I now will have enough canvas to last me through the winter. :-)



On another note, I haven't gotten too far with this painting... the tree trunk is in and all the stems of the leaves. Some of the leaves have some detail, and there is a very pale blue in the background. I had hoped to get a better picture, but it was SNOWING outside, and dull in the studio, so this was taken under my studio lights which were on all day! (I actually got to see this pear tree when I visited my friend Donna in BC... it is so beautiful!)

Right now I am preparing for a show this weekend. Friday I am helping with the set-up and Saturday is the actual show. It will be a BIG event with 80 artists from various disciplines participating. There is live music, desserts, artist demos, and free admission. If you have a chance, drop by Rock Pointe Church on the 1A highway to Cochrane between 10 am and 5 pm, October 17th. I am sure you will enjoy the time browsing for special gifts and visiting with the artists.

If you are in the Calgary or surrounding area, and would like to attend my solo studio show which is on November 14th and 15th, just send me an e-mail and I will give you all the details. If you are unable to attend, stay tuned as I plan to put up a link to a page of all that will be in the show closer to the date. Then, if you are interested in a piece, you can still have an opportunity place a reserve on the pieces you would like to purchase.


No comments: