Monday, April 19, 2010

SOLD! BEAUTY IN BROKENNESS


Beauty in Brokenness
original watercolor painting

This original watercolor has found a new home with a very special collector! It has given me great joy to sell this particular painting, as the collector has connected at a very deep level with the symbolism of the egg shells: we are ALL broken people in some way, shape or form... but beauty can come from being broken.

Brokenness is NOT the end - it is simply different, a new course. We are changed in being broken - perhaps even transformed. We do not lose our beauty as precious humans simply because we have been broken. In fact, in this case, there is MORE beauty, because now we see more; we see more deeply.

As I write these words, I think I may have to do more eggshell paintings. But for now, I am thrilled to think that my friend will experience joy and love as she allows the egg shells to remind her of a very difficult yet special time/event in her life!

No comments: