Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sunrise 1 - a wip

Sunrise 1
12" x 12" oil on canvas
work in progress

This little study is on my easel right now. It is nowhere near finished - but I like the detail in the sky already. I have taken so many pictures of sunrises, sunsets and Chinook skies over the last few years that I have decided to try to paint some of them for a little series. If I like the small studies, then I might do several of the paintings in larger sized canvasses. It's all experimental right now - keeping it fun.

What has NOT been fun is having a very bad cold right in the middle of warm summer weather! I foolishly cut back on my intake of Vitamin D3, thinking that I was getting enough from the times that I was in the sun. Then, on the very evening of the day I went in to the city to get groceries (several stores of course) and to visit the library (very busy with children and parents now that summer is here), I developed a nasty viral cold. I am feeling like I am on the mend again, but I lost 2 days to sleeping and blowing my nose. YUK! That will teach me to not fool around with my vitamin intake!


2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Fantastic blues! Love the way this one is starting. Hope you feel better soon - it is awfully miserable to have a cold in the summer.

Unknown said...

Thanks LeeAnn! I am still struggling to get rid of this cold - it wants to hang on! I love the blues in this painting as well - and the great thing is that they are true to the photo! Such amazing colors can show up in the least expected places, right?