Monday, January 24, 2011

Frog in watercolor

"FROG"
14.5" x 21.5"
original watercolor painting



















I have no idea what drew me to painting this frog other than my friend, Anni Jones, took such an amazing picture of it in her backyard! I think it was the solemn eye staring at the camera that made me think this little guy was quite special...and so I asked Anni for permission to paint her photo at some point. (Thanks, Anni!)


It has been over a year since Anni took the picture, and I finally got around to doing this wonderful frog. He was fun to paint - and that is one of my aims for this year...to paint things which are fun for me, to have fun being an artist! Hope he is a fun painting for you to view. :-)

2 comments:

irinapictures said...

Frog is great. And I like so much as you direct the background.

Unknown said...

Thank you Irina! He was fun to do. I visited your blog and LOVED your little sparrow! I liked seeing the photos of Moscow too. Thanks for your visit. Hope to see you again. :-)