Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BRAGG CREEK

Bragg Creek
20" x 24"
oil on standard canvas















I began this painting several months ago. My art show in November took a lot of my time, as well as commissions for clients, and Christmas. Then came teaching students in the New Year - and so this painting got put aside for quite some time. 
I finally pulled it out a short while ago, and now it is finished. Bragg Creek is an area in the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, about 30 minutes from where I live. I was driving there in the fall, and stopped a little bridge to take a picture of this scene. The mountains were barely visible in the distance, and the bushes were just gorgeous! against the dark greens of the evergreens. It was a spectacular scene. I believe I have captured the essence of it - I love how this painting turned out! Hope you do too. 

No comments: