Monday, February 13, 2012

ON THE EASEL TODAY



oil painting currently on my easel














I got to work on this painting for a bit this week. Although this photo doesn't do a good job of showing the pink blush on her cheek and forehead, I am pleased with how the painting is progressing. There will be several more hours until she is done...I have to let the painting dry before I go back in with more detail. I have left out the dangling earring she had on, so once that area is completely dry, I'll lay that over the skin and hair in that part of the portrait. The day I took this photo, she told me she did her hair all by herself, and she looked like a princess! Strands of individual hair will show how she had it in a ponytail, wrapped in ribbon, and then doubled up and under the headband. So very, very cute! LOVE how the oil paint blends so smoothly!

No comments: