Tuesday, May 22, 2012

VIENNA ROSE

Vienna Rose
9.5" x 11"
charcoal on Canford Dreadnought Gray paper

Vienna Rose is this child's name, and she truly is as sweet as you could ask for! Her parents are friends of ours, and are currently expecting their second girl, who should arrive in late summer/early fall.


This was such fun to do in charcoal. The smocking on her jumper took a while to do, but it reminded me of when I sewed a smocked jumper for my daughter when she was little. Now THAT was a lot of work!!!


I really love the effect this Daler-Rowney Canford Cardstock paper gives to the portrait, and how easily you can blend on this paper. It is fairly thick, so stands up to some wear and tear better than others. You can also get it in various colors...I order mine from online Dick Blick Art Materials. 


This is the time of year that the yard and garden is calling my name. It is so wonderful to be able to go outside without having to wear 3 layers because of the cold! I'll soon be on my bicycle again, putting in those 25 km rides most days. As well, it is the perfect time to get new photo shots to work on throughout the long winter months. I love summer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love her name and your drawing!