Thursday, July 12, 2012

PENCIL PORTRAIT

ANGIE AND ANGEL
9" x 12"
pencil portrait
click to enlarge
It's Angie's birthday today, and the surprise gift her husband is giving her is this pencil portrait of her with her daughter, Angel! What an meaningful and lasting gift to give!


Peter called me a few weeks ago, and asked if I would do a commission for him. He had checked my website for samples and pricing of my work, and decided that this was what he wanted to present his wife for her birthday this year. It was as simple for him as sending me a high resolution photo, telling me the size of the piece, and then meeting me to receive the finished and framed piece. Easy!  


I thought it was kind of fun delivering this piece: we met in a parking lot, at the door of the Jeep exchanged the framed portrait for money, we jumped back into our Jeep as he called a friend to come and get the portrait to hide it till today...a bit of a clandestine feel to the whole experience! Yup - fun. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That was a fun, clandestine-sounding meeting to deliver the portrait. ;-) Lovely portrait. I especially love the way you captured the little girl laughing. Love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you Paz! This was fun to do - a very unusual moment captured in time. (((hugs)))