Monday, August 13, 2012

GRIZZLY BEAR IN OIL

Grizzly Bear
20" x 24"
oil on canvas
click to enlarge























I haven't named this painting yet, but I like what the client said when I sent her the photo of the finished piece. She called him a "big boy"...so that might have to be the title...what do you think? He was one wet bear when this picture was taken!

I am very pleased with how this painting has turned out, and I thank my photographer friend Rick Paradie for giving me permission to use his photo for the painting. I am just so very blessed with friends who want to contribute to subject matter for me to work with!

As I think I mentioned before, this piece will be presented to a man who is retiring from a Board of Directors, and who loves grizzlies. I think he will enjoy the thoughtfulness of those who are giving this gift to him, and I know he will enjoy the life-size bear head on his wall.

2 comments:

renate said...

Hello Joanne:) Oh he is so lovely and very well painted. Beautiful! Big boy would be a great name for this big boy with his tongue hang out:) Lovely painting!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Renate! I appreciate your comments and the "vote" for Big Boy as the name! :-) How are things going for you?