Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HORSING AROUND

work in progress
30" x 40" oil on canvas
I love working big. I don't know if it is because the painting makes such an impact statement from across the room, or whether it is because there is so much color and light when the canvas is large. Whatever the reason, it begins to fill my heart when the painting is about half way finished. From  the half way point to the three-quarters point, the dancing heart and joy continues. Then, from the three-quarter point until the end, comes the period of doubt..."why did you do such a large canvas? when will this one ever be done? even when you spend 6 hours on details, it still has such a long way to go". Blah, blah, blah. On and on the voice in my head scolds me for painting large. When I think about this scenario which usually plays out at some point in each of my paintings, it kind of reflects the way life is...do I play small and safe, or do I go big and bold, taking risks and living an adventure? I can honestly say , right now I am living an adventure, taking risks, and going big. I am working hard, and am excited about the future. I am giving you just a glimpse of what I am working on...both in my business, and in this painting of a horse. Soon I will be able to reveal the finished work of this painting, and what I am working on in my art business. By the way, I will be sending out my newsletter in just over a week. If you haven't signed up for it yet, follow this link and fill in your information.  You'll be the first to see this piece completed, as well as other works I have just finished. 
Here is the link:
joanne's newsletter

No comments: