Monday, April 8, 2013

LITTLE GEMS

6" x 8"
oil on canvas
I have FINALLY done more work on these little gems...only 6" x 8" but so beautiful! The paint is still wet as I just set my brushes down, but I am really enjoying how this one has come along. I will do some last detail touches when it is mostly dry, and will then sign it as being ready for sale. 

What about the other two, you ask? Well, I will be posting each of them as they come to this stage as well. Not long, I promise! 

In the meantime, I am really excited to let you know that I took a workshop this past weekend in Venetian Plaster mixed media painting. It was a FABULOUS workshop - best value for my dollar in a very long time. I am excited to begin doing some work with my new knowledge, but I have to discipline myself to teach a last lesson to a student, and to  finish some of the pieces that are staring at me even as I sit here typing. (The horse has an accusatory look in his eyes which I must get rid of as soon as possible, and the waterlily thinks it is destined for the garbage because I have neglected it for so long.) Anyway, I just wanted you to know there will be new things coming along from my studio, and I am very excited about all the possibilities these new pieces will bring. :-) 

No comments: