Sunday, January 26, 2014

THE POWER OF WORDS

In January of each year, I know many people who choose a word that they are going to live by for the year. There have been postings on FaceBook where you look at a square that is full of letters, and the first 3 words you see will be the words for your year. And I have watched a documentary where the scientist was "proving" that there is actual power in words. 

Over the last three years or so, I have come across words which are meaningful to me when I've been out shopping, and I bought them to place in my studio. They are a reminder to me of the things which are really, really important in my life, and hopefully reflect in my art. And I DO believe there is power in words, and in focussing on those words. As I see these around my studio and home, I am constantly reminded to keep things in perspective, to not get too hung up on the little problems or details. These are what matter.

 I am keeping my eyes open for more words to collect, but for now, these are the ones I have...










No comments: