Wednesday, June 10, 2015

ARROWSMITH SUMMER ART SHOW

About a year and a half ago, I was thrilled to be juried into the Canadian Federation of Artists as an active member. I also joined the local chapter of the Canadian Federation of Artists, known as FCA Arrowsmith Chapter.  It has been a wonderful experience to meet and learn from other artists at the various functions of this active chapter of the FCA.

I am so very pleased to announce that 2 of my paintings from my brand new series have been juried into the Arrowsmith Chapter Summer Art Show, which is running from June 8th to 27th at The Old School House (TOSH) in Qualicum Beach, B.C. If you are in the area, please come and visit the exhibition. All work is for sale, and there are some pretty amazing artists in this show! I am honoured to have my work hanging next to theirs. 

The new series I am speaking of is called "Birds of a Feather", featuring paintings based on photos of crows I have taken over the past year and a half. I have dedicated a page of my website to this series, which currently consists of 9 canvasses of various sizes. I also explain why I have begun this fun series of crows. Here is a link to the page on my website: Birds of a Feather.  

And here are the paintings I submitted, which were juried into the art show:

Birds of a Feather 1
12" x 12" acrylic on canvas
$175

Birds of a Feather 2
12" x 12" acrylic on canvas
$175

No comments: