Friday, October 30, 2015

INSPIRATION ABOUNDS

When I was a child, I lived in the Maritime provinces of Canada. It is a beautiful part of my country, filled with incredible sights to fill the senses. There, in the fall, is an array of autumn colors unlike anywhere else I have lived...that is until now.



Here, on Vancouver Island, I have again found the brilliant reds, oranges, yellows, golds and all shades in between in the leaves of both trees and other shrubbery. 


I am so drawn to these small things in nature...the subtle changes in color in even a single leaf, whether in summer or fall. I notice these small things as well as the overall big picture of masses of color everywhere I look. 
This photo of maple leaves is totally untouched - no Photoshop nor any other program used to change the colors. Imagine! Purples and pinks as well as reds and oranges in the same type of maple tree, growing side by side. 

Stunning colors, beauty incomparable in just a single leaf. Inspiration abounds!

No comments: