Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Work Featured on 2 Blogs

Before Christmas, I was asked to write an article on painting with acrylics for Fine Art Tips , a fabulous blog created by Lori McNee. (I met Lori on Twitter several months ago.)

Due to how busy I was at the time, we agreed that I would write the article early in January, 2010, which I did - and it was live on her blog this week. Entitled "Painting with Acrylics - The Mystery Explained!", I give tips that I wished I had known when I first began working with acrylics. I've already had feedback through Twitter and e-mails that people are finding the article quite helpful - which is really fulfilling for me! I think it will also be gratifying for Lori as she seeks to help artists through this blog.

As well, this week I received a request from another artist in the U.K. to feature "African Beast" on her blog. I checked with the rhino, and he said he would be delighted to be featured, so we sent his jpg off to Raspberry Doodles. I met Pamela (Raspberry Doodles) on Twitter - and have been in an art exchange where she acquired "Pair of Onions" from me just before Christmas. She is a very prolific artist - and really good. You should check out her blog.



I really enjoy being a part of the artistic community on Twitter. I am meeting more and more interesting people every day, and learning a lot from their tweets, and visiting their sites. It seems that opportunities for connecting with people can come from many sources!

Already I've been asked to write another article for Fine Art Tips - this time giving tips on watercolor painting. Watch for that coming up sometime in February or March.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great you're so active and able to share your art tips with others.

Paz