Monday, October 18, 2010

ROCKPOINTE FINE ARTS EVENT SALES

Common Redpoll - sold
Sunflower Blossom - sold
Bedhead Blossom - sold
The RockPointe Fine Arts Event is over, and it was certainly a success in anyone's books!


Live musicians provided music for the majority of the day, free snacks were available along with speciality coffees and teas for purchase. Free wrapping was given for every purchase. Six artists demonstrated their processes, and answered any questions asked by the audience which sat to watch them. And, over 60 artists - from   the ancient art of Tatting to stone sculptures, bronzes, potters, jewelers, and visual artists - all participated in the event.




I took a camera thinking I would get some pictures, but as one of the organizers, I was incredibly busy, and didn't even get a chance to pull it out, so I am sorry - but no pics of the event. I didn't realize the number of requests which would come my way, taking me from my display of art!!! When husband, my daughter and her family arrived, my daughter took off her coat, and began to talk to the people who were gathered around my work while I raced off and tended to other's needs. Thank you so very much Kim!!! (She ended up staying for several hours to get me through one of the busy time periods.)




At the end of the day, these four of the six pieces I had juried into the show had sold, and I had 2 new collectors. :-) I am so happy that they all have homes with people who will really enjoy them for many, many years to come!


I had printed 100 copies of the invitation to my upcoming home art show to hand out - and they almost all disappeared during the course of the day, so I am hoping that means I will have lots of visitors on November 13th and 14th! I'm praying for beautiful weather the entire weekend.


Aglow - sold




So now, I have to paint like CRAZY to have a few more pieces for my show. As well as paintings for sale, I will have my 2011 calendar and greeting cards with beautiful high resolution pictures of my photography. 




There are 2 more weeks of lessons for most of my art students, and I have invited some of them to display their work. (There might even be some ready to sell their work!) So a busy 4 weeks ahead - and then a relaxing entry into the Christmas season. :-)




1 comment:

tess stieben said...

Glad the event was a success and fun was had. Was this event open to others or reserved for local artists?