Monday, November 8, 2010

ALBERTA BLUE TRIPTYCH - almost complete!

Alberta Blue Triptych - almost completed



Although this photo was taken under less-than-ideal conditions, it still shows how this painting is coming along. Two of the three 20" x 20" panels are now complete, and I hope to finish the third panel in the next couple of days. It will then be ready to enter into my home art show.

 I love how the late afternoon sun hits the tops of these trees which are outside my kitchen window. The sun lights them up with warm colors just as it is disappearing behind a hill which is opposite our property. Against the brilliant blue of our Alberta skies, this creates a picture I never tire of! It is wonderful to see it in real life... and coming in slightly behind is seeing it in a painting!


No comments: