Friday, November 5, 2010

Alberta Blue Triptych
SOLD













Mexican Keyhole
SOLD



















My home art show is a week from tomorrow! I am so pleased with how many people have said they are coming, and with how many paintings have already pre-sold! This week, these two paintings were claimed, so that makes 5 so far, counting the triptych as one item!


My photographic calendar is also a hit, and there have been many pre-orders for it as well.


There is still much to be done to be totally ready for the show, but I feel confident that it will all come together. Hiring an administrative assistant has been the key to helping me get ready this year, and I have another administrative person to help me with the show. She will look after all the sales, including accessing my PayPal Virtual Terminal where I can take PayPal, Visa and MasterCard payments. She records everything in a spreadsheet for me so that I know exactly what was sold, to whom, when it is to be delivered, who is interested in commissions, and so on.  There is a running total, so that I know at a glance where things are at...


There is a lot to do to get ready for a home show which is run like a gallery solo show, but it is so do-able if you know what to do, and when to have it done by. If you are an artist and want to sell your work, but not in a gallery, you will be interested in my new e-book on how to hold your own art show. Watch for a signup for this great resource in early December!

3 comments:

Jeanne Levasseur said...

Congratulations on your sales! They are wonderful paintings! You are so organized! I want to hear all about your Home Art Show!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeanne! I will be sure to let you know how everything goes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your sales! Wonderful!

It's also a great idea to have an assistant. Takes a lot of pressure off, doesn't it. You can concentrate on other things. ;-)

Wishing you many more sales,

Paz xoxo