Friday, February 25, 2011

The Bride

 

I have finished The Bride - at least as much as I am willing to work on it. This portrait is pastel on sketch paper... YES! a piece of paper from my sketch pad. So, it was really difficult to blend the pastels the way I wanted to. However, I am pleased with the overall look of this piece, and with how much I learned about using pastels!


I had started this painting as I was waiting for my Dick Blick order to be delivered, in which I had ordered some special paper especially for working on with pastels. It has now arrived, so I look forward to using paper which will facilitate the smoothness I hope for in my next piece.


All in all, I am enjoying this medium very much! It is honing my drawing skills, and proving to be enough of a challenge that I know it will take me a while to "master" it. :-)

No comments: