Friday, February 11, 2011

Introducing a new, AMAZING artist...KIM PETERS

I have a friend who is a fantastic artist, in my opinion. She is completely self-taught, and continually amazes me with her intuitive way with any medium she picks up! She has just begun a blog, which I highly encourage you to check out and bookmark as a favorite! I know you won't want to miss any of her work as she uploads it.


This friend also just happens to be my daughter! Normally Kim lives in Mexico with her husband and 3 small children, but this year they are back in Canada and living with my husband and me. She home-schools her kids, so we are all together most of the time. It is quite lovely to have all the noise and chaos of 3 kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 adults... and when my son and family visit, the numbers swell to 5 dogs, 5 kids, 2 cats and 6 adults. It is a year of memory-making and fun.


In the midst of daily life, Kim has made time to take up painting and drawing - and she absolutely blows me away! She is a natural artist - every pore leaks creativity! I really would love it if you would visit her new blog and make a comment to let her know what you think of her work. I believe she will be a "famous artist" very soon. (And this is the professional artist speaking - not the mom!)


Here is the live link: Kim Peters Art  And here is one of her paintings, just so you know that I am telling you an unbiased truth! :-)


Ecuadorian Woman
an original acrylic painting
by Kim Peters

1 comment:

Carol Neelands said...

Joan, your right! She is absolutely fantastic. I'm blown away!