Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crystal and Oranges in watercolor













Remember just a few posts ago where I told you I had trouble with masking fluid? Well, I have begun a new bottle - of the yellow hue - and I am hoping I won't have any trouble with removing it, as it will be on the paper for a while as this is a painting that will be in process for a while. I am also hoping that the masking fluid will not stain the paper yellow, as I need my whites to be pure in this painting. This is my first attempt at painting crystal and I already know it is going to be a long process. All the little parts that need to be painted and dried, glazed and reglazed make for a slow but steady progress on this larger painting. It is exciting to think of what the end result COULD be, if the masking fluid cooperates. **sigh** We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: