Friday, September 23, 2011

FALL AT BRAGG CREEK - DETAIL



A very large canvas tends to take me a very long time to paint as I add layer  after layer of paint to achieve the depth of color and texture that I want. With this oil painting, there is the added wait time of paint drying enough that I can go back in over top without lifting the layers beneath.

This is one section which is about half done...at the time I took the photo. I actually anticipate being done this painting by the end of next week. I promised the client I would try to have it finished by the end of September. Although she is a very patient person, I know she will be quite excited if she gets this painting by the estimated delivery date!

I also finished up another pencil portrait commission this week - but you will need to wait for that one until after Christmas. It is going to be a Christmas gift for the grandmother of the two boys. 

I started teaching art students in my studio again this week. How exciting to see various children and adults discover they indeed CAN create when they are shown how!

We are having the last gloriously warm days of summer right now. Tomorrow my husband and I have a wedding to attend - but I am still hoping to be able to get outside sometime today and Sunday. We cannot count on these kind of temperatures lasting very long!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. :-)

No comments: