Friday, November 4, 2011

ALOHA FOR A SHORT WHILE

Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
Only 2 hours from my front door is absolutely some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. The Rocky Mountains are so very picturesque that people travel from all over the world to come to places like Banff and Lake Louise. Whether it's downhill skiing, cross country skiing, or snowshoeing in the winter, or hiking in the summer, it really is beautiful.


However, when you live here in Alberta, winter can become very long, and so we tend to want to travel to warmer climates. Syd and I love ocean and warm temperatures. We love to escape from the cold even for a short time.


So, on Sunday, we leave with friends of ours to go for our first vacation on the big island of Hawaii. We have never been there, and are really looking forward to seeing volcanoes, rainforest, and beaches. It is also great that we have family living here in our home, so our creatures will be well cared for in our absence. For the two weeks that I am away, I will be absent from my blog. 


I'll be posting pictures when I get back the week of November 21st. And I will get back into my studio to do a few commissions that are from my art show. By then, the season of Christmas will be in full swing - and I won't mind the cold and snow so much. :-)


Aloha - and "talk" to you in a couple of weeks!


Joanne



No comments: