Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BACK FROM HAWAII



















We are back in Canada after having a fabulous time in Hawaii. I have never taken so many pictures in one trip! I even had to buy another 8GB card for my camera. Yup - 34 GB of photos. Everywhere I looked there was a photo waiting to be taken.


We left Calgary early in the morning, and joined our friends in the Vancouver airport. Then it was off to Honolulu. We stayed overnight at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, and had rooms on the 10th floor, ocean view. This was the sight we saw from our balcony. I am a bit afraid of heights, so I basically held the camera over the edge of the balcony and pushed the button to take the pictures which show the straight down view. I would have hated being on the 30th floor!


The "mountain" in the background is Diamond Head, and from that landmark all the way to the hotel and beyond is the city of Honolulu. We walked along the beach which had barriers being put up the next morning as APEC was starting that day. Security was very evident...


We left Honolulu and travelled inter-island to the Big Island after staying that one night in Honolulu. I would love to go back there some day. The energy and vibrancy of the city was wonderful - there was a lot to see and do there. And, according to Hawaii 5-O, we all know a lot of murders take place on Oahu as well!  ( Noooo, I didn't see Steve McGarrett.)


I am excited to begin painting on some of the pictures I took, but it will have to wait for a wee bit. I have a couple of small commissions I need to complete this week. But next week will be fun, reliving the experience as I begin to paint the flora and fauna of the Big Island.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! glad you had a wonderful time. photos are beautiful.