Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Toward the end of 2011, we suddenly lost one of our border collies - within a day and a half. We think she was kicked by a moose, and died of internal bleeding. 


One of my art students, who has been taking lessons from me for almost two years (and is now 11 years old) decided to do one of the most sweet things possible. She painted a picture of Meg for me as a Christmas gift. Here is a photo of her painting (acrylic on canvas paper).
Meg
original painting by Leah J. 2011
I am so grateful to be a part of Leah's life, and see her talent blossom!


I love hearing of acts of kindness and compassion, such as Leah gave me in painting our Meg. I love being a part of this kind of giving and generosity.


May your 2012 be filled with love, kindness, compassion and small to great acts of kindness toward others. May it be the best year yet because of simple acts of love and caring in your sphere of influence. Happy New Year of 2012!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry to read about meg. what a beautiful painting leah made. just beautiful.

happy new year 2012! wishing you all the best!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Paz! Yes - it was a sad day for us when we lost our sweet Meg. You know how that feels...

Have a wonderful year, Paz. All the best to you and your family.