Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BITS AND PIECES

This will be the last posting of this portrait painting until after it is completed and the collector has it in her home. I am closing in on the final details and I want it to be seen in person by the client, rather than in a photo which usually doesn't do the painting justice. :-)

So... what I am showing you today are bits and pieces of the painting - parts which are mostly done and drying. 

I love how there is a glow on the underside of her arm...and against that lovely shirt, it really shows up.










There is more work to be done on this long blonde hair - but I love the facial hair and chin!










This hair just has the undercoat done - so much more to be done on it. I love the necklace, and the shadow from the sweater against the skin - so subtle!


So there you have it - as much as you are going to see until it is completed! :-) I am really looking forward to presenting this to its owner. I might even do a bit of a happy dance.

No comments: