Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NEXT LAYER IN GLAZING

The next layer of glazes in these small canvasses is now on. I am following the techniques of Arleta Pech in her book "Radiant Oils". A lot of Arleta's subject matter is still life: flowers and ceramic or crystal. Although I may not paint many still life paintings, the glazing techniques bring any subject matter to life with a glow and vibrancy you would be hard pressed to achieve any other way. So I am following her techniques to learn how to apply these to my oil paintings. So far, I am liking the process, but finding the drying time in between to be a bit of a pain. Then again, it gives one time to work on many pieces at the same time...and builds the character trait of patience. That's definitely something I could use more of!


No comments: