Monday, March 18, 2013

WORKING...

oil painting in progress
I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted here! Yes - I am still painting, but the last 2 weeks, it has mostly been with students. Meetings, private workshops, lessons finishing for 2 students, new set of lessons beginning for another student...it has all been great fun, but makes for very little time for my own work!

What has made things even more busy is placing our house on the real estate market the beginning of this month. Showings and an open house mean cleaning more frequently than usual, and a lot less time in the studio. But this morning I got in some solid time, and completed the background (except for final details at the end) for this painting of a horse. I am now excited to begin the horse, hoping it will be as wonderful as the photo I took of him. Guess we'll have to "wait and see"!!

No comments: