Sunday, September 15, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!!

Since my last post, I have been quite busy with a commissioned portrait, and with a trip to Vancouver Island to look for a new home. After living out of suitcases since July 9th, we are in the "home stretch"!!!

This last week, we purchased a place to live which has an ocean view, and is minutes from beach access. We did not buy in the area we had been looking at/dreaming of for 2 years, which TOTALLY took us by surprise. But none of the 13 houses we looked at in that area really appealed to us (at least the ones we could afford), and when we extended our search to include other areas, we found the one home which captured our hearts. It will be a great place to downsize (a lot), and to enjoy year-round ability to be outside. 

This is the view from the patio off the kitchen

We are super excited, and a bit "concerned" as well.

You see, we only have 15 days until the closing date, and possession is October 1st. In those few days we have a TON of things to accomplish, as well as a family wedding to travel to, a sibling gathering, and I have a commissioned portrait to start/finish THIS WEEK! We are praying that it all comes together without glitches. :-)

Before leaving to go to the coast, I completed this little baby girl's portrait in charcoal. I had done one of her sister a couple of years ago, and the parents wanted one of this little sweetie as well. As you can see, it is still on the drawing board here...soon it will be framed and delivered to her parents. I sent them a photo of it, and they have already said that they like it, so I am pleased.

So....I will post the next portrait when it is finished, and then it will be moving time. Yikes! I will keep you advised as to how my new studio works out for me. It will be about 1/3rd the size of my last studio, so I MUST be organized. I'll also post pictures of the place when we are in and somewhat unpacked.

Till then, I hope you are enjoying the last few days of summer before the weather really cools into the crispy days of fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home! Happy belated birthday! Was unable to get on computer that day to send birthday greetings, but I thought of you and sent good thoughts. Hope you had a wonderful celebration. Lovely portrait! xox