Saturday, January 17, 2015

BIG BLUE

I cannot believe it has been more than a month since I last wrote on this blog! I am sure you are all well into your 2015 goals by now, whereas I have not yet settled on mine...it's called procrastination, and I think I am an expert at it by now! But tonight I am beginning to think of those goals, and writing them down.

I HAVE been working hard, though, and in the last 2 weeks, I have completed 4 paintings. One is a commission, one is for a 6 week class I will be teaching in February/March, and 2 are ones which had been on the back burner for a while, needing detailing and tweaking. But they are all done now, and the 3 which are oil paintings are all in various stages of drying.

The one I have chosen to show you today is the blue hydrangea which I had posted just after I started work on it. It is a sweet little 10" x 12" piece, and is the first on the list of my finished 2015 paintings. Yay! 

I might paint another hydrangea later in the year from a photo I took when I was in Tofino in November. It has pinks, purples, blues, and cream all in the one huge blossom! Hydrangea are the most amazing flowers ever!!


Big Blue
10" x 12" oil on canvas



No comments: