Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to watercolor!

It feels really good to be back in the studio after a long break. Christmas was hectic, noisy, exciting, wonderful! Having our whole family together under one roof for several days was such a fabulous blessing - I cannot tell you! Five grandchildren, six adults, 3 indoor dogs and 2 outdoor dogs, and 2 cats... it was quite the chaos at times, but I loved it.


I have begun a new watercolor painting. The background has been poured...3 layers of color. Now the fun of developing the subject, and refining the background begins. I haven't done watercolor in quite some time, so I really enjoyed the pouring process again, and remembered why I love this difficult (to me) medium!


I hope to post progress at the end of the week. Until then, hope your year has begun well. :-)



No comments: