Monday, June 20, 2011

AMPERSAND AQUABORD ASSESSMENT



















I must say that at first, I felt like I was learning how to use watercolor all over again when I started on this Aquabord. It is a very different feel painting on this surface, and I am sure not everyone would like it. But after a bit, I am really liking this substrait! 
It would be ideal to teach watercolor on, as it is very forgiving of being overworked, scrubbed back, and layered. And you can fix your mistakes without ruining your painting, or destroying the texture of the paper. But the best thing of all is how VIBRANT the colors remain! No more 30% lighter when dried! This takes all the guesswork out of putting down your colors. If they are not dark enough, you can layer to your heart's content. If they seem just right when you lay them on the Aquabord, then they remain just right!
This is the hat of a little Mexican girl that was on the beach we were at just a couple of months ago. I look forward to seeing how her little face turns out!

1 comment:

Ampersand Art Supply said...

Joanne, excellent review!
We could not have said it better ourselves. Do keep us posted on how the painting turns out when finished :).

-Andrea