Monday, September 5, 2011

SUSAN LYON DVD - AND WE'RE OFF!!!

I have just about finished packing all of my supplies (clothing is definitely secondary), as we leave early tomorrow morning for Monterey Bay, California. It looks like a gorgeous place, and I am anticipating getting some photos that I can paint throughout the winter!


The third artist we will be studying from for an entire day, in small group setting is Susan Lyon. I love how etherial her work is in pastel - there is much left for the mind to fill in. The video I've included here is from a dvd which I bought, and recommend to you. Susan includes many wonderful tips for measuring and working in pastel which would help even a beginner to achieve recognizable results. 


While I am gone, I will post some photos of the large oil commission I am painting. It is a labour of love - of fall colors, of "Bragg Creek", of the beauty of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and of the client it will go to when it is completed. That's what painting is all about for me. :-)






No comments: