Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WATERCOLOR POSTCARD FOR CHARITY

pelican
watercolor
postcard sized
A few weeks ago I was contacted by one of my fellow Twitter artists, David Sandumart,  and asked to do a small postcard sized painting to send to Moss, Norway for a Twitter art exhibit. Although my time is very limited right now, I wanted to be a part of this project, so I have done this little pelican watercolor postcard.


The original art work will be on display at the Moss Public Library, with all the fund raised going to help a charity - The Women's Crisis Centre - where abused women and children receive counselling, food, shelter and support during a very difficult time in their lives. Over 260 artists from all over the world participated last year, and David anticipates a similar or greater number to be involved this year. What a privilege to be a part of raising funds for such a worthy cause!

No comments: